Eliminating Homework Stress
Building confidence starts before the child goes to school – but a child can catch-up when they are told they have certain jobs to do at home and a few other items, this all adds up to Eliminating Homework Stress:
Making their own breakfast by the time they go to Middle School.
Making their own lunch to take to school.
Do their homework timely
Help with cooking and house cleaning.
Let’s just take one of the above items and see how this can be done because it is going to make a huge difference when they get to Middle School:
Gaining in Confidence
Homework stress can be eliminated if YOUR child can do their homework on their own:
1. The child needs a place and routine for doing their homework.
2. If they need help, encourage them to attack it on their own by asking supportive questions.
Like: What is the assignment asking for? Does the assignment look like other assignments you have had?
3. Offer a lot of reassurance that they will figure it out.
4. If they cannot get an answer to let them go to school without the answer.
5. By 3rd and 4th grade any child should have the system down for their homework – if they do not – they need to quickly learn this responsibility moving forward into Middle School.
6. Every year going into a new grade or new school YOU need to check in with your child and they have their homework system down pat for the school year.
7. Help them set up a method for their homework: like a folder and their own system for getting each day’s homework complete.
A. Can use a white-board
B. File folder system
C. Weekly chart
D. Whatever system YOUR child comes up with it will help eliminate homework stress as he goes onward in their development
You are the rock for YOUR child – Be Courageous
There are many ways of scheduling homework. Each child will have a system that works best for them, but they need to have a system. However, it not only builds confidence but as they go through Middle School and on into High School it eliminates homework stress they may have in school.
So that you now know how to help your child with their homework system you are also building confidence. But, always keep in mind the strong benefit they have from the system and confidence that will help them into adulthood.
Therefore, as a result of you being courageous, YOUR child will take responsibility.
Above all, YOU and YOUR child will be eliminating homework stress and gaining confidence